Tuesday, April 03, 2007

Would you believe it? After almost a month in the new house, Tiscali have finally deigned to supply the broadband we pay for. I say that with a certain amount of guilt that something which does not matter in the slightest in the great scheme of things, matters overwhelmingly in the unimportant present.

Anyway, it's the Easter holidays, and I'm already wasting my precious free hours by doing nothing except hanging around in my dressing gown, watching crap children's TV with a cup of tea and generally thinking. That said, yesterday I repotted a load of houseplants and made a cool fabric noticeboard which uses elastic strips to hold stuff.

The mice are still problematic. The poison's been down for a week, and there are no signs of further droppings, but sometimes I walk into the kitchen and the stench of ammonia is horrific. But sometimes the smell isn't there at all. I sprayed the areas I assumed were smelly with bleach to neutralise the odour, but it seems to have returned. What else can we do?

In other news, we've made good progress on the allotment, which looked like this a few weeks ago:



Yes, a veritable woodland animal haven. We've already seen a gigantic wild rabbit, though according to other plot-holders, there's also a big fox that keeps the rabbit-population in check. We've cleared much of it already, just by chopping down all the brambles, an activity that has already caused some not insignificant muscles to develop in my arms.

Daytime television calls, however, and I will resume blogging later.

No comments: