Wednesday, April 25, 2007

Self-help

There's only 30 teaching days to go until the end of my placement, but I've finally ordered myself a copt of "Getting the Buggers to Behave". Why couldn't we have had an informative session on this at university?

Football

I'm knackered. I was so tired yesterday that I more or less slumped in front of the TV from the moment I got in, and then when I should have been planning, I became involved in the Man U/Milan game. It was a great game and I was totally gripped, but while I was rooting for Man United, I didn't overly care about the outcome. Tonight is a different matter: I really don't want Chelsea to beat Liverpool, and this means that unless Liverpool hammer them from kick-off, then I won't actually enjoy the game. I think football's often best observed from a more neutral, objective perspective.

On a football-related note, the death of Alan Ball is really sad, and listening to his son talking about him on the radio almost made me cry on the way to school.


Free Alan Johnston

I put the Alan Johnston image on my page because I don't feel that his situation is getting as much attention as it warrants. There has been massive coverage of other hostage situations, and this case seems to barely make it into the first few pages of a newspaper. Some serious investigation and interference needs to take place to actually bring his family some proper news.

Misc

I endeavour to get some Paris pictures up soon . . . watch this space.

No comments: