Tuesday, April 03, 2007

Bored

I've been holding on for the holidays for more weeks than is mentally healthy, and here I am, two days in, bored stupid. I still don't feel that I can start a project because I should be getting evil school stuff out of the way. I hate that feeling. It's like swatting away a persistent bluebottle.

I've run out of ideas for music I want to download too. Please give me your musical suggestions, particularly if it's new music. I was listening to a bit of !!! (Chk chk chk) before, which is okay, but they seem to have jumped on the indie disco bandwagon. However, that's where it's at currently. I was also disappointed by the other Klaxons songs. I can't get "Golden Skans" out of my head and think it's amazingly written and arranged, but the others are all so mediocre.

On a musical note, I was going to get a drum lesson tomorrow, but Ian's refused, even after he said he'd teach me how to play some stuttered rhythms. So I'm in a bit of a huff on that front. His bass is never around either, because Dan (bassist in The Yell) uses it for practices. Instead, we have a ridiculous number of guitars around the house: electric, electro-acoustic, acoustic, child-sized, steel, fretless . . . I could go on.

I am desperate to play loud music with someone, and now, when I finally have time, no one seems available. It stinks.

I'd also like to know what anyone made of Factory Girl, as I was intending to see it this week, but apparently it's bombed so badly that no where in Sheffield is showing it. Unsurprisingly, you can't see Inland Empire in Sheffield either.

I'm so bored. I don't want to watch a Channel 4 documentary about men who've had their dicks chopped off, but there is seriously nothing on TV.

No comments: