Friday, December 15, 2006

Sickness and murder

If I had a laptop and wireless broadband I could be writing from my sick-bed, but instead I'm at my aged iMac (6.5 years!) which needs a new battery to stop it reverting back to 1970 and telling me that "the security certificate for this site doesn't come into effect for 36 years". Funny how the only place you don't feel terrible when you're ill is in bed. You begin to think your illness is psychosomatic, or that you've just got better, then you get up to get a drink of water and almost fall over with your head feeling detached from your body. Rather like this overloaded computer actually: give it an instruction, and it takes a little bit longer than you'd hope to put it into action.

Oh well, at least I have Jessica Fletcher on TV to keep me company. Apart from the fact that I love almost all whodunnits (excluding "Midsomer Murders" and suchlike), I think the reason I like "Murder, She Wrote" is to do with loving the film "Bedknobs and Broomsticks", also starring Angela Lansbury, when I was little. Interestingly though, when I was little I couldn't watch anything with a murder in it because I became so scared that I wouldn't sleep: the image of the dead person would be imprinted on my mind and the mindset of the murderer used to terrify me. Now I can't get enough of murder mysteries.

No comments: