Wednesday, February 14, 2007

Hopefully, we have found a place to live as of early March. Unfortunately, we are facing the logistical challenge of buying a double bed. Despite this though, I'm really looking forward to it. (God, you can really tell I did a starter activity on connectives the other week.)

The problem is that I'm not sure that the tons of spring bulbs we've planted will flower, and I really want to dig them up and take them with us . . . In all likelihood the daffodils and crocuses will come up over the next week, but I'm worried . . . and the landlord doesn't deserve to have an array of tulips in his garden.

One bulb had flowered though: a single snowdrop. I'll have to take a picture.

I also have to upload some murky and blurry pictures I took in the dark last week. It had been snowing and perhaps still was, and I looked out of my window and was surprised that something at the bottom of the garden wasn't covered in snow. It was past dusk, and the something moved, so I thought it must be a cat, but as it moved a bit more I realised it was a large fox! It came right up the garden (by which time I'd dashed downstairs to get a better look out of the kitchen window) and it had a limp. It climbed onto Ian's sarcophagus (aka wooden planter) and started rummaging about.

I don't know why I was so excited, but I was.

No comments: