Thursday, January 25, 2007

Yesterday evening was interesting.

We were in the Bridgewater Hall in Manchester for the second time in as many weeks to see Bonny Prince Billy and before the show kicked off, I spotted someone that I totally hero-worshipped about ten years ago and fell out of contact with (back before the pre-ubiquity of cellular and digital communication). I must have been staring for ages before I marched up and said, "Are you ________?" Great opener, I know, and to his credit he didn't look remotely freaked out, despite the fact that he didn't have a clue who I was till I told him.

Anyway, it was pretty strange. I was an exceedingly angsty young girl when I knew him and I can't imagine how different I would seem now to someone who knew me pretty well. I think I will suggest us each writing a short essay about what we remember of the other before we meet up. It could be interesting.

Being young and malleable of mind, this person made quite an impact on my life, and I've often wondered where he might be and what he was doing... How bizarre.

No comments: