Friday, November 10, 2006

Tiredness

This has been my first week teaching. There have been ultra high points and many many irritating-as-fuck, "those little shits!" points too. It's all par for the course, I suppose, and I knew what I was getting myself in for. That won't, however, stop me from complaining.

Right now though, I need my bed. I got significantly less than my requisite eight hours last night because Ian woke me up at around 5am with his sneezing. From then on I was awake until I had to get up at 6.45am. He's allergic to something in the bedroom, but we can't quite figure out what, and my suggestions that he go to the doc's for some allergy tests have been met with typical male affirmative grunts.

Anyway, I felt like a zombie all day and the drive home from school was scary purely because I was so exhausted.

A slightly rejuvenating nap, a couple of bottles of beer, a Chinese takeaway and some topical comedy courtesy of the BBC have done me the world of good.

Maybe tonight I can sleep without going over lessons in my head . . .

No comments: