Sunday, May 25, 2008

Bucking the trend. In a very small way.

It may be shocking to hear this, but my hair has a strong "natural wave", which I've decided to do something with in order to save my hair from the terrible effects of straightening, and to save time too. For school my hair is invariably tied back simply because I don't have the effort or imaginative at 7.30am to do anything with it.

Anyway, today I walked through Eldon Square with my hair bordering on curly and noticed just how hideous the hordes of straight-haired girls has become. I felt stupidly liberated with my un-straight hair.

I hate talking about hair, so I'll stop now, but not before stating that I'm now on a quest to go wavy-haired to school and try to put forward the plight of healthy hair and hopefully stop a generation of females going bald.

That's right - feminism alive and kicking. Who, after all, has the time and inclination to do this?

3 comments:

Megan said...

Ha! I'm so bored of straight hair. With you on the waves, only mine is actually naturally straight so it takes at least ten minutes to give it some curls. Also, wavy hair makes hair look thicker. A big advantage for me as mines so fine...x

Jess said...

Warning! Boring girl hair talk:

I've noticed your cute crimped look!
I invested in some Frizz Ease stuff which seems to be quite effective if you have a bit of natural wave - surely yours isn't super straight all on its own?

I will upload pictures soon. I didn't bring my camera lead to Newcastle . . .

Megan said...

Its actually naturally very straight! its only the ends that tend to flick out occasionally in an annoying way...

Ironically its wrapping my hair around the straighteners that makes it curly!

Hm. I seem to have used a lot of adverbs in this comment!