Sunday, April 06, 2008

Now I'm on holiday and all the time is mine, I think I've got creativity stage-fright.

Brian says, "Use an unacceptable color," which, if I'm honest, isn't remotely helpful.

Prioritorise, Jess. Prioritorise.

PS. "ise" endings vs "ize". I always thought "ize" was American and therefore used "ise", but according to woman in my department, it's the other way round. I need to investigate and change my whole spelling system . . .

Edit: I wasn't wrong but neither were they. Wikipedia and this site say that "ize" is the only form used in America, while in the UK two-thirds of people use "ise", including newspapers and magazines. However, the OED and thus many academic journals insist on "ize". I'm more right than they were. Ha!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

you used the american spelling for 'colour'

Jess said...

Not me! I copied and pasted: an American must have set up the Eno site . . .