Sunday, September 02, 2007

Piglet Massacre

Adam told me about this http://www.thestar.co.uk/news?articleid=3107771 at Megan's party on Saturday, and I was in disbelief. An entire litter of thirteen day-old piglets at Heeley City Farm were killed and mutilated: one was decapitated and another was cut clean in half. Others were cut up and their body parts were strewn all around the farmyard.

It's bewildering that even the sickest person could behave in that way: little piglets are the cutest mammals there are.

Some local businesses have donated large sums of money to help security at the farm, but they need to raise another £5000 in order to install a fence - send your tenner (cheque, of course) to Heeley City Farm, Richards Road, Sheffield, S2 3DT.

It's a shame they have to go to such measures, but I have to say that the last time I took a wander around Graves Animal Park, I was surprised at how accessible all the animals were once the park had shut for the evening.

Anyway, I'm trying to cheer up by watching a docu-drama on Blackbeard. Bizarre.

No comments: