Saturday, September 08, 2007

Miscellaneous

I can't be bothered to dwell on my first school week yet - perhaps I'll do that tomorrow once I start on my prep for the forthcoming week.

I'm feeling quite satisfied after me and Ian planted a load of daffodil bulbs about the place, and tidied the garden up a bit - using the push mower, digging out some dandelions and pulling up some of the widespread herb robert. Then a gorgeous big kitten came into the garden, and I feel extremely guilty for playing with her: I love the birds and I don't want to encourage a cat to come back, especially one without a collar and bell. Speaking of which, there was a repeat last night of Bill Oddie's top ten birds. I felt annoyed that the blackbird wasn't on the list, because their songs are the best of the garden birds, and they also have a lot of character. You've got to like a bird that runs rather than hops.

No comments: