Sunday, June 22, 2008

Goodbye

I've decided to bring Trout in the Milk to an end. Amongst the myriad reasons is the fact that I don't want to hurt anyone any more than I already have, and having an internet presence of sorts can only ever be a damaging thing in the circumstances. It's bad enough feeling under scrutiny when I'm out, even if it's just paranoia, so there's little point in me writing if I don't feel I can say what I want.

Possibly I'll get drawn back into the blogosphere at some point and set up a new blog, but for now I could do with a break from this bizarre conceptualised version of myself anyway. I'm trying to throw myself into different projects instead, including, strangely, signing up for the Sheffield 10k "Great Yorkshire Run". Training starts tomorrow. I'm also going to do an evening writing course as of September, with a view to polishing my writing portfolio for Hallam's Writing MA. Rob and Sam have also assured me that I'm still in the band, so that's an excellent focus-point too.

Fuck knows what I'll do over the Summer break though. I have no plans at all (Ed - please get me to a festival!) and I'll probably just go mental . . . I'd better start making a list.

Final words from Brian: "Do the washing up."

Fuck - that man's a genius.

(If you can't live without some random Oblique Strategies, go here.)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

So, I followed the link:

Oblique Strategy of the day -

Don't break the silence