Friday, March 28, 2008

Where is my Easter holiday?

Sometimes I think, by doing what I do, that I'm slowly killing off sections of my personality. Other times, I get to say things in school that make me feel me.

E.g. A Year 10 or 11 kid was trying to barge past some of my Year 7 form today and shouted at them, behind me, "Let me through, I'm more superior to you." I turned around, vaguely amused, and he looked really smug. So I said, "It's just 'superior' - it doesn't need 'more'." And continued walking.

I got to "own" other kids on several occasions today. But there are too many times when you feel your personality disintegrating as you wait for time to pass.

On a nice note though, I got to hold a wee baby today. And don't tell me I'm getting all broody just for mentioning it, because my male colleague in the English department was much more excited than me at getting to cuddle a very small child.

Babies' perfect, tiny hands are the best things in the world.

No comments: