Thursday, November 15, 2007

Creative Missions

Warren of Heart Yeah excellence has come up with an amazing idea: he will take every number 1 single, buy it, scrutinise it, strip it down and record a new version using only a gameboy and two vocal tracks. He's doing all this on his new blog which is fantastically ungrammatically called All Your Top 40 Are Belong To Us and you can find his cover of Bleeding Love by Leona Lewis there now. (I'll put a link to his site in my link bar at some point.) I wish the vocals were mixed higher, but it's really very good, and it's exciting that someone's actually doing something creative and interesting. Lately, everyone (me included) seems to be in a creative lull . . . it's probably just the cold. And/or horrible kids. Etc.

So, I made a pumpkin cake. I'm celebrating Autumn, see.

No comments: