Monday, July 30, 2007

Hmmm . . . . I watching the Take That Star Stories thing, which isn't as funny as the adverts (the adverts for the Tom Cruise edition are best). This is the opposite to Fonejacker, which is a lot funnier than the adverts suggest (but which the critics hate) . . .

Anyway, I've had a week's "holiday" in Brighton/London (many thanks to Ed and Linda for putting me up for most of the time). I say "holiday", because in these modern times it seems like it's only a real holiday if you leave the country. But then, holidays themselves are often much more stressful than normal life, in my experience, which leads me to think that the notion of holidaying can only be applied to lazy beach-style holidays . . . the kind of holiday that would drive me insane with boredom.

I got mildly addicted to playing Animal Crossing, which is pretty pathetic. We also went to the arcade on the pier and spent lots of 2p and 10p pieces in those ridiculous games (what are they called?), and I got tendonitis from playing some mad pig-race game crossed with air hockey. Some of the most fun we had, however, was throwing pebbles at a can on the beach. That sea air does funny things to you. I also learned a new card trick with which I have since impressed at least 4 people.

Good holiday. Pictures to follow.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

i made myself ill for the very start of my france holiday because i was so stressed about our travel arrangements. gah. the metro system in paris is DEAD EASY to navigate. i don't know why i was so worried! had a blast though :) love brighton, btw! need to pay it a visit soon...
xxx