Friday, September 15, 2006

Google Earth

I was browsing the Earth for ages just before, finding my house, finding places I'd been to across Europe, looking at places I'd like to visit, and then I zoomed out too far and I started feeling strange. It's weird, spinning the Earth around and zooming down on places.

Then I realised the weird sensation I felt was vertigo.

One of the girls on my PGCE course said she cured herself of a number of phobias in one day, one of them being vertigo. She went down a very high slide. I can make myself do those things, but it definitely doesn't cure me. In fact, I'm usually more frightened the second time (the terrifying Kamikaze water slide at Wet 'n' Wild in North Shields is an example of this).

I'm obviously the complete opposite of an adrenaline junky.

No comments: