Saturday, October 06, 2007

A Wee Round-Up

Another series of Strictly Come Dancing, another collection of unrecognisable "celebrities" who only inspire outbursts of, "But who the hell is that?" I have to confess that I've been completely addicted to Strictly in the past, but only because I could actually root for someone I already admired - I still think it's a travesty that Colin Jackson didn't win the series before last: that splits-in-the-air move was legendary.

So, let's look at the line-up . . . the only contestants I recognise are Alesha from Mis-teeq, John Barnes, Kelly Brook, Letitia "Sharon" Dean and Willie Thorne. Hardly an A-list cast. Rubbish! At least the judges are worth watching.

Anyway, I don't think I'm alone in saying I'm already suffering from Election Fatigue, and the election isn't even bleedin' happening this year! The Tories did a pretty good job of applying the pressure and now GB really does look like a bottler. In my opinion, he should have gone with it: in these situations, the likelihood of there being a better time is negligible. The economic crash has to happen some time, and the longer Brown leaves it, the more he's pushing his look.

Back to the personal. I spent an hour or so at the NHS walk-in centre this morning. For the second morning in a row I was struck down with an agonising pain in my lower abdomen. Bizarrely it goes away after the ibuprofen kicks in and doesn't return, but the 20 minutes of pain has me writhing around in agony. So Ian drove me to the hospital.

I gave a urine sample, and they ruled out any urinary tract infection or anything like that (they can test for those things in 3 minutes - crazy); I had my bowels listened to, and anything wrong with them was ruled out too; so the only thing it could be is something to do with my uterus. Hilariously, the nurse was looking up potential things by googling "lower abdominal pain", and none of the possibilities are particularly serious, so there you are. I have orders to see my GP if the problem persists, but yet again, I seem to have a mystery illness.

I'm off to bake some brownies.

No comments: